CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2008년 3월 18일 화요일

Blog #6: Entry of my choice

I am a Zombie!



As I was reading Fahrenheit 451, it gave me the gigantic shock. I became a zombie of the media. Through this blog, I want to confess my addiction to media. This is my life. 6:50 AM alarm clock rings from my iPod, I take shower with music on. After, shower, I check my e-mail and eat breakfast. After the breakfast, I go to my grandpa’s car and go to school with radio on. In school, I listen to the music, text message (secretly), play phone game (secretly), and check my emails, and web surf. Even in class, media controlled me. 3:05 PM school ends, and I take taxi and go to hag won, with my iPod turned on. 5:30 PM, I go eat dinner, and my friends and I sit at the table which is closest to the TV. Some of them watch TV, some of them play phone game, and I watch TV and play game at the same time. Of course, only few conversations went on between us, before food comes out. When we are eating, we are absolutely silent. After we eat food, we go to studying room, and do our HW. In addition, my real addiction starts after all the academic stuff ends. 11:00 PM, I go home and since I do not have a television at Taejon, I download the TV programs that I missed. It is approximately three or four programs a day. I sit at the couch and bring one cup of orange juice, and watch it until midnight. Usually, programs are about an hour long. Therefore, after watching TV programs, I go to the face book and write comments on friends’ “wall”. Moreover, 2:30 to 3:00 AM I go to sleep. I know I am very addicted to the media. However, I did not realize until I read Fahrenheit 451. I found out my addiction grew very big. It is like a man smoking his cigarette, even though he knows it is ruining his life. I know it will take time, but now I want to declare that I will go against the ruthless media that ruined my life of 16 years. Additionally, I know for sure that it’s not only me that is addicted to media. I know YOU are addicted too but not recognized it. It is like cancer growing and growing, and still does not know you have cancer. People, media is ruining our life with fake information, what media tells you are not true. I thought it was but it is not. So, I strongly recommend you to stop before it is too late.

0 개의 댓글: