CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2008년 9월 28일 일요일

Independent Reading Post#2


Book I read: Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie
Author: Jordan Sonneblick
After Jeffery and his mom went to Philadelphia, Steven’s life became more tragic. He could not stop thinking about his brother, and started to miss his schoolwork. In addition, he and his dad did not get along and did not talk to each other for a long time. Even with these tragedies, Steven kept up with playing drum and practicing for upcoming jazz concert. When he was practicing his drum set alone in the school music room, he closed his eyes, blocked everything from the world, and just played the drum set. He flied through his drums and was very into it. After few minutes of crazy drum play, he opened his eyes. Here he was, in front of 10 to 20 people, played without noticing. People cheered for him. After this event, he went home and felt more optimistic, and prayed for his brother and his mom in Philadelphia.
The section I read, I was happy that I could see Steven going through the hardship by himself. However, I was very uncomfortable that he did not ask his father for any help. His father was too busy for his work and came home very late. In addition, Steven gives no respect to his father. As I read through the book and I realize that I am very blessed kid. I have my parents taking care of me and praying everyday for my success. I know realized that I have to be nice to my parents.

0 개의 댓글: